Skip to Content
Saved Flights

Your Saved Flights

No Saved Flights

Crane permit applications

Heathrow is safeguarded to ensure that all temporary obstacles on and around the aerodrome, such as mobile or tower crane operations and other tall construction equipment, do not endanger aircraft in flight or interfere with any visual or radio aids to navigation.

An application for a Crane Permit must be submitted to Heathrow to seek permission to work if a crane or tall construction equipment is to be used within 6km of the aerodrome/airfield.

Please can we request that you have also submitted the request via ACOMS. Apologies for this duplication of work, this will only be for a temporary period until ACOMS is fully automated.  

Once ACOMS is fully automated all Crane/TCE applications will need to go through this process rather than direct to Heathrow. Once we have details on when this will be our website will be updated. 

See the following link for further details of the ACOMS notification process:

Crane Permit application

Full detail of the process to be followed can be found within ASWorks_OSI_003 (that can be found on the Operational Safety Instruction page) prior to submitting an application.

Request a permit

To request a permit to use a cranes or other tall construction equipment:

  1. Familiarise yourself with the requirements laid out in ASWorks_OSI_003;

  2. Download and complete the form;


  3. Send the completed form to Heathrow Airside Works Approval.