Changes to entering the UK using EU ID cards

From 1 October 2021, most EU, EEA and Swiss nationals will need to use a valid passport to travel to the UK. ID cards will no longer be accepted as a valid travel document to enter the UK, though some exemptions will apply. 

Find out more
Skip to Content
Saved Flights

Your Saved Flights

No Saved Flights

  • We offer financial help to eligible homeowners living in the noisiest areas around Heathrow to move away from the area if they wish. People who meet the criteria can get financial assistance with the costs of moving.

    Heathrow developed the home relocation assistance scheme in consultation with local residents, businesses, campaign groups and local authorities.

    Who the scheme is for

    The relocation assistance scheme applies to residential properties around Heathrow that are exposed to a high level of noise (within the 2002 69 dB Leq noise contour).

    To be eligible for the scheme, applicants must meet these criteria:

    • Own the property when applying. (If you currently live elsewhere, it must be the only property you own in the UK.)
    • Plan to move to a quieter area outside the boundaries of the scheme.
    • Not retain a beneficial interest in, or right of occupation to, the property after moving.
    • Residents must have owned or be living in the property prior to February 2005.

    Long-term tenants (with at least three years remaining on their lease) may also be eligible for assistance if the property they are renting is being sold. However, short-term tenants are not eligible for the scheme.

    Eligible homeowners receive a lump sum of £5,000, plus 1.5% of the sale price of the property (up to a maximum of £12,500). There is only one payment per person and per property.

    Applying for the scheme

    For more information or to find out if you are eligible to apply, please contact the Noise Helpdesk on 0800 344844 or email: