Introduction to the HCNF
The Heathrow Community Noise Forum was set up in 2015 and is made up of representatives from local authorities around Heathrow, NATS, BA, DfT, CAA and Heathrow.
Heathrow set up the forum in response to local concerns regarding future changes to airspace as a result of the Government’s airspace modernisation strategy.
The aims of the Forum are to:
- keep community representatives and local authority stakeholders informed and seek their input in preparing for and consulting on future airspace modernisation as part of the Government’s airspace modernisation strategy and airspace changes associated with Heathrow expansion;
- improve understanding of members on Heathrow’s operations and airspace issues;
- seek input from members to inform the communications approach to trials and public consultations regarding potential airspace changes;
- build trust in the data through members involvement in the independent verification of the data and analysis of data.
Terms of Reference
See the Forum's Terms of Reference.
There is a public gallery at each of the meetings which members of the public are welcome to come and observe. As there are only a limited number of spaces in the gallery, we would ask you to pre-register if you would like to attend by emailing email@example.com with ‘Heathrow Community Noise Forum attendance’ in the subject heading.
- Wednesday 5 June 2019, 1pm–4pm, Heathrow Academy
- Wednesday 24 July 2019, 1pm–4pm, Heathrow Academy
- Wednesday 18 September 2019, 1pm–4pm, Heathrow Academy
- Wednesday 20 November 2019, 1pm–4pm, Heathrow Academy
Meeting notes and presentations
Meeting notes and presentations from each of the previous meetings can be found here.