LHR Airports Limited (Heathrow) Noise website privacy notice
Last updated: 30 May 2018
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Heathrow Airport Ltd (Heathrow) collects personal information about you when you make a noise complaint or apply for any of Heathrow’s noise insulation, vortex or ice fall schemes or attend an event or forum organised by Heathrow Community Relations. Heathrow is committed to protecting your personal information when you use Heathrow services. Whenever you provide such information we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal data, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What information will we collect about you?
When you make a complaint, we will collect the following information about you:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Feedback you have given
- Owner occupier status (if applying for schemes)
So that we may provide adequate response, Heathrow may also capture and record any sensitive information about you if you have elected to provide it in support of your enquiry (e.g. information on a disability).
How will Heathrow use the information it collects about me?
Heathrow will use your personal data for a number of purposes which may include the following:
- To provide Heathrow Community Relations with information to deal with your enquiries and complaints.
- To report on the number and location of complaints daily on our Heathrow Operational Data website and quarterly and annually on our Heathrow Noise website
- To provide the noise insulation, vortex and ice fall schemes and to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries related to the schemes
- To advise you of changes to our schemes or new schemes available to you.
- To enable the Heathrow Community Relations team to send information to you including meeting details and minutes of meetings that you have attended.
- To produce name badges for purposes of identification at Heathrow events.
The lawful justification for collecting and using your personal data is that:
- It is in Heathrow’s legitimate interests to record and manage noise complaints.
- It is necessary for the performance of Heathrow’s noise insulation, vortex and ice fall schemes.
- Consent is given by you, the individual, in line with using Heathrow Community Relations services.
Your information will be handled and used by the following recipients in order to deliver the service:
- Heathrow Community Relations team
- Help desk provider contractors
- Scheme service provider contractors (for schemes only)
- Scheme managing agents (for schemes only)
- Scheme service platform providers and maintainers (for schemes only)
We will keep your information within Heathrow and our trusted third parties except where disclosure is required by law, for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies.
Your personal information is processed and stored wholly within Europe.
How long will Heathrow keep my information?
When you make a noise complaint your information will be retained for our records for a period of ten years for the purpose of administering the service. For Heathrow’s noise insulation, vortex and ice fall schemes, your information will be retained for our records indefinitely for the purpose of administering the service. When you attend events organised by Heathrow Community Relations, your information will be retained for the lifetime of the event or forum.
Your information will be retained in a secure environment and access rights monitored regularly.
What rights do I have over my personal data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data by making a subject access request
- Rectification, erasure or restriction of your information where this is justified
- Object to the processing of your information where this is justified
- Data portability
To exercise you rights please contact the Heathrow Data Protection Officer using the following contact details:
Data Protection Officer
Heathrow Airport Limited
The Compass Centre
What if I find your response unsatisfactory?
Should you find our response unsatisfactory, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority – the Independent Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find more information on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ regarding the complaints process.
Privacy & Cookies
The different types of cookies we use
Heathrow use the following categories of cookies on our websites:
Strictly necessary - These cookies are essential for certain features of our websites to work for example when you make payments for car parking. These cookies do not record identifiable personal information and we do not need your consent to place these cookies on your device. Without these cookies, some services you have asked for cannot be provided.
Performance- These cookies are used to collect anonymous information about how you use our websites. This information is used to help us improve our websites and understand how effective our adverts are. In some case we use trusted third parties to collect this information for us but they only use the information for the purposes explained. By using our websites, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Functionality - These cookies are used to provide services or remember settings to enhance your visit for example text size or other preferences. The information these cookies collect is anonymous and does not enable us to track your browsing activity on other websites. By using our websites, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Targeting and Advertisisng - These cookies are used by trusted third parties to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. Information contained in these cookies is anonymous and doesn't contain your personal information. To find out more about cookies used for targeting and advertising follow www.youronlinechoices.com and www.networkadvertising.org or contact us at email@example.com for further information about the trusted third parties we use.
Managing cookies- If you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from Heathrow and our third party advertisers, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you choose to disable all cookies we cannot guarantee the performance of our websites and some features may not work as expected.
Links to other websites- This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
We will keep this privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates here. At the start of this privacy notice, we will tell you when it was last updated.