Shopping at the airport is more enjoyable and convenient than ever before. You may be familiar with our wide selection of shops, fantastic range of products and outstanding value. But did you know that as part of our commitment to providing world class customer service, we also operate a 60-day returns service on behalf of the Heathrow retailers?
Heathrow Shopper Promise enables you to shop with total confidence knowing that if you change your mind, you can return the product within 60 days and we'll guarantee a full refund (subject to the terms and conditions below). As part of the Heathrow Shopper Promise, Heathrow will also arrange for the product to be returned to the relevant retailer on your behalf if there is a fault.
How to return your products
All goods returned under the Heathrow Shopper Promise must be received within 60 days of purchase, together with the proof of purchase.
Simply complete the returns form below and post it together with your product and proof of purchase.Postage costs are not refundable unless your purchase is faulty; courier charges are not refundable in any circumstances. Please note that postal restrictions apply in connection with certain products being sent from outside the UK.In all cases, you are strongly recommended to insure any products you return for their full value. Heathrow does not accept liability for any products lost or destroyed in the postal system.
Download returns form (833KB PDF)
If you have any queries about Heathrow Shopper Promise, please ask any airport retailer or call +44 (0)178 447 5509 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't have a printer?
Please use white paper and black ink and include the following information:
- Full name:
- Contact number and email address:
- What store and terminal was it purchased from:
- Date of purchase:
- Why you wish to return the item:
- If the item has a manufacturing fault – what is the fault:
- Any additional notes or supporting evidence:
General advice for wrapping and packaging your mail
- Use padded envelopes
- Make sure any outer containers are strong enough for their contents
- Fragile items shouldn't touch each other, or the side of the container
- Fill out containers with cushioning material like bubble-wrap or polystyrene chips
- Write a return address on the item
- Seal securely with tape along all edges and openings
- Flatten any sharp edge from staples or metal fastenings, and cover with tape
- Use a 'FRAGILE' sticker, if necessary
Terms and conditions
The Heathrow Shopper Promise is operated on behalf of retailers by Heathrow and is in addition to your statutory rights under English Law. Any disputes will be resolved under the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Heathrow's liability in relation to any claim is limited to the purchase price of the product being returned.
Heathrow does not accept responsibility for faulty products. Heathrow will (upon receipt) return these to the retailer on your behalf and will contact you to advise you where the goods have been sent and to give you the contact details of the retailer. You should then contact the retailer direct regarding the faulty products.
Please note that the Heathrow Shopper Promise does not apply to and therefore no refunds, exchanges or otherwise will be available for the following:
- Products which are not returned in the same condition as sold
- Liquid products e.g. fragrance, cosmetic products, liquor etc. returned from outside of the UK
- Lithium batteries and items containing defective lithium batteries returned from outside of the UK (due to UK postal restrictions)
- Lithium batteries contained in equipment (e.g. re-chargeable batteries found in electronic devices) returned from outside the UK. Certain products can be returned subject to adhering to the technical instructions for the safe transport of products by air, please refer to the CAA website (www.caa.co.uk) for further information.
- Earrings (unless faulty)
- Headphones and in-ear headphones (unless faulty)
- Swimwear and underwear (unless faulty)
- Bespoke or specially ordered items, personalised items, or items altered or adjusted after the sale (including watch straps)
- Any purchase and/or any upgrade carried out at Heathrow of any mobile telephone and/or accessories
- Airtime (time tracked by your service provider to determine your billing costs, including without limitation making/receiving calls, SMS email and faxing) whether in connection with mobile phone purchases and/or upgrades or otherwise
- Cover plans or insurance policies taken out to cover product breakdown, loss, damage, wear and tear, repair
- Products sold by a retailer which has become insolvent since the sale;
- Any product and/or service which was not purchased from a retailer at Heathrow Airport terminals; or
- Travel insurance policies. Please note that this exclusion does not affect your statutory rights (nor should it affect any rights which you may have pursuant to any contract which you may have with the relevant retailer at Heathrow). If you have any comments concerning such contract you should make direct contact with the relevant retailer.
- Due to data protection regulations all documentation relating to a claim will be destroyed. Please ensure that your return has been completed within 12 months of submitting it.
Please note further that the Heathrow Shopper Promise does not apply to any cancellation fee or any other charge made if there is a termination or cancellation of a contract between you and the relevant retailer and therefore no payment or otherwise will be made in respect of such cancellation fees or charges.
Heathrow does not accept any responsibility for items posted but not received by Heathrow. In all cases, you are strongly recommended to insure any products which you return for their full value. Heathrow does not accept liability for any products lost or destroyed in the postal system.
If payment for the product was made (in part or in full) by a Heathrow shopping voucher, any refund will be made in the same method. If Heathrow Rewards points were awarded on products purchased and purchases are subsequently refunded, the Heathrow Rewards points earned will be deducted from your account.
If you request a refund under the Heathrow Shopper Promise, Heathrow reserves the right to refuse such a request and/or to require further information in relation to such request in order to establish the validity of the claim.Back to top
Collect points on airport shopping, parking, Heathrow Express and more ... then choose your reward.