You can use an internet world clock, such as www.timeanddate.com/worldclock, to compare the time in cities around the world. The UK uses GMT/UTC in winter (November to March) and BST (GMT/UTC + 1) in summer (April to October).
For the latest traffic information and forecasts, check the Highways Agency website.
- Car or taxi: 30 to 60 minutes (in average traffic conditions)
- Heathrow Express train: 15 minutes between Paddington and Terminal 2 or 3, a few minutes more for Terminal 4 or 5.
- Heathrow Connect train: 25 minutes between Paddington and Terminal 2 or 3, a few minutes more for Terminal 4 or 5.
- London Underground: From Terminal 2 or 3 it’s less than an hour to Green Park on the Piccadilly Line.
- National Express coach: 50 to 55 minutes from the central bus station.
For more help planning your journey, see our getting to central London page.
There are no road tolls but you will have to pay Congestion Charge if you drive into some parts of central London. You can find details on the Congestion Charge website.
You will have to pay to park almost everywhere in central London, either at on-street meters or in designated car parks. Charges and rules are set by local councils. For more help see the London Councils website.