Varna International Airport Guide
- Full name: Varna International Airport
- Location: The airport is situated on the western outskirts, about six miles (10km) from Varna.
- Time: Local time is GMT +2 (GMT +3 from April to September).
Tel: +359 52 573 323.
- Transfer to the City:
Public bus 409, which passes through central Varna and travels as far as Golden Sands resort, serves the airport; departures are from in front of the VIP hall. Taxis are available in front of International Arrivals, but the meters are often not working and it is advisable to agree on a fare with the driver before departure. Many resort hotels run their own shuttle services to and from the airport.
- Car rental:
Car rental agents are on site at the airport including Avis, Hertz, Sixt and Europcar.
The airport has currency exchange facilities, a large restaurant and duty-free shops.
Parking is available just opposite the terminal and is open 24 hours a day. The first ten minutes are free and charges start at BGN 2 per hour thereafter. However, a flat rate of BGN 15 applies for between seven and 12 hours of parking, while charges increase slightly thereafter.
- Departure tax: US$20 (nationals of the USA only).
- Website: www.varna-airport.bg