Rio de Janeiro International Airport Guide
- Full name: Galeão Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport
- Location: The airport is located on Governors Island, 10 miles (16km) north of Rio de Janeiro.
- Time: GMT -3 (GMT -2 between the last Sunday in October and the third Sunday in February)
Tel: +55 21 3004 6050.
- Transfer to the City:
Public buses are available and passengers can connect to Rio's Novo Rio Rodoviaria bus station in the city centre. More expensive airport shuttles are available to downtown hotels and popular destinations and often have an English speaking guide. Travellers can take buses to the closest subway station.
- Car rental:
Car rental companies, including Avis and Hertz, can be found in Terminal 1 and 2.
The airport is well equipped with facilities including ATMs, banks and bureaux de change, shops, restaurants and bars, duty-free shopping, luggage lockers and a tourist help desk. Facilities for the disabled are good.
There is a multi-level car park across from the terminal that offers short and long-term parking.
- Departure tax: US$12 to US$40 depending on category, but this is often included in the airline ticket price
- Website: www.riogaleao.com/en