Media download kiosk
EntertainMe in Terminal 5, Heathrow
What is the service?
Heathrow will be trialling a new media download service called EntertainMe in Terminal 5 Heathrow in May 2016. The service will run on two kiosks located at gates A6 and 7 at T5A departures.
The service is targeted at short haul passengers who will not have access to on board entertainment. The EntertainMe service allows download of digital content before a flight.
Content includes latest Warner Bros films, magazines and newspapers. Films are rentals and have minimum validity. Magazines and newspapers are available until the user deletes them. Content covers English and a number of other languages.
Downloads will be high speed with content being available in minutes.
The trial will only available on iPads and iPhones and contactless payment.
How a passenger uses EntertainMe
- The kiosk itself has a screen saver and walk through process on how to use the service
- The passenger
- Stands in the vicinity of the EntertainMe kiosk
- Connects to EntertainMe Wi-Fi
- Downloads the EntertainMe app to your iPhone or iPad
- On their app they will then
- Browse the content catalogue
- Select and add content to basket
- Confirm basket and confirm order
- On order confirmation they will receive a confirmation code
- Passenger returns to the kiosk to pay for their content
- They will need their boarding pass and contactless card to make payment
- Once they have paid, their device will confirm payment and content will download automatically. They must be in close vicinity of the media kiosk