Parking for people with disabilities
For security reasons the blue badge (previously orange badge) scheme does not operate on the Heathrow road system. Unattended cars will be towed away by the police and a fine must be paid in order to retrieve such vehicles.
Short Stay car parks
- Car park prices are displayed at the car park entrance.
- Clearly signed blue/orange badge parking is available in all Short Stay car parks, close to terminal access routes.
- Help points are located near these spaces and assistance is free to those with special needs.
- Disabled passengers: wheelchair push/provision or help with baggage will be provided. Lift the green telephone and request assistance.
- If you wish to park in blue/orange badge space but take your badge abroad, you will need to show your badge to the car park operator. Please contact the car park operator via the help button on the car park entry machine or by using a help point telephone and asking that the operator be contacted.
- You must pay for car park tickets at the customer service kiosks or automatic payment machines before returning to your car. If you cannot reach the ticket/payment slot, press the help button.
Business and Long Stay car parks
There are blue badge spaces in Business and Long Stay Parking close to bus stops or admin offices. We advise that you contact the appropriate car park in advance in order to arrange suitable arrangements for transfer to the terminals.
The following height limits apply at Heathrow's Short Stay car parks.
- Terminal 2: Short Stay car park 2: 2.05m (6ft 9in)
- Terminal 3: Overheight area 2.75m (9ft), other floors 2.2m (7ft 2in)
- Terminal 4: 2m (6ft 6in)
- Terminal 5: Overheight area no restrictions, other floors 2.2m (7ft 2in).
Overheight vehicles need to park in the Long Stay or Business car parks. Alternatively, you can use the West Ramp Coach Park system. For further information please call Heathrow Ground Operations on +44 (0)20 8745 4625.Back to top