ID Centre FAQs

What are the responsibilities of a pass holder?

The airside pass must:

  • Only be used in connection with their employment and not for personal reasons
  • be visible at all times
  • be presented to Heathrow security personnel upon entering the security restricted area or when requested to be shown any compliance authority personnel.

Airside pass holders should:

  • safeguard their airside pass and account for its use at all times
  • ensure the photograph on the airside pass reflects their current appearance
  • familiarise themselves with the access levels they have been granted - rights can be established by looking at the colour and numbering on the airside pass
  • notify the airport operator if there are any changes to their personal details including (but not limited to) changes to job title, name and address
  • notify their employer within 14 days if charged with, or convicted of, a criminal offence
  • report any lost or stolen airside passes immediately upon discovery to the local police and to airport security
  • where appropriate, challenge or report anyone who is not displaying an airside pass in a non-public area
  • not allow other people to 'tailgate' them
  • not prop doors or gates open at any time
  • report any defective doors, gates or locks immediately to airport security
  • look out for and report any signs of suspicious behaviour to their employer or to airport security

What should I do if I receive an advisory notice?

If you receive an advisory notice for a parked ID, you must inform your authorised signatory and they must apply for your card to be ‘Unparked,’ within the on-line portal (ID Gateway).

If you receive an advisory notice for change in appearance/damaged pass/ID defects, you must bring your advisory notice along with your ID, to the ID Centre reception and they will support with a replacement/advice on next steps.

What do I do if my ID has been parked or barked?

You must inform your authorised signatory and they will submit an application within the on-line portal ID Gateway, to have this unparked/unbarked.

When making a request to unbark a pass that has been barked for over 6 months, a new BSAT will need to be completed and uploaded as part of the application. This mirrors the current requirement to complete a new GSAT, when requesting to unpark a pass, that has been parked for over 6 months.

Should you have any queries regarding; requesting the link to the training or completing the training, please contact


What should I do if I have a change of details? (e.g. Change of name/Job title/Address etc.).

You must inform your authorised signatory and they will support by submitting an application within the on-line portal, ID Gateway.

What should I do with my ID if I leave the company?

All IDs must be returned to the Heathrow ID Centre and your authorised signatory must be informed. The address for the ID Centre is: -

Heathrow ID Centre,
D’Albiac House
Courtney Way,
Heathrow Airport,

Where can I obtain:

  • Temporary pass holders
  • Clips
  • Lanyards
  • ID Holders

For all the above, please make your requests to the ID Centre surgery. Please be advised, discretion will be used for any replacements on a 1:1 basis, however, we do not provide mass stock for any of the above.

What happens if my pass gets confiscated?

Please contact your employer who will liaise with the ID Centre on your behalf.

What do I do if my pass has been stolen?

Please report it immediately upon discovery to the local police and to your employer/authorised signatory. Please ensure you take note of your crime reference number.

What do I do if I have lost my ID Pass?

Please report it immediately upon discovery to your employer or authorised signatory.

What should I do if I have a criminal conviction?

You must notify your authorised signatory and the ID Centre, within 14 days, if charged with or convicted of a criminal offence.

What do I do if I witness anything suspicious?

Please contact APOC at 0208 759 1212 or the Police.

Which documents do I need to bring to the ID Centre?

You must ensure you bring the original ID document used throughout your ID pass application.

  • For British nationals: A valid full passport or British Photo-card driving licence.
  • For EU/EEA and Swiss nationals: A valid full passport or National Identity Card.
  • For all other nationalities: A full passport PLUS original Home Office document confirming right to work in the United Kingdom (such as visa / entry clearance) or a Biometric Residence Permit for Foreign Nationals issues by the Home Office that holds biographic data and biometric information and shows their immigration status and entitlements while resident in the UK.

Can I use an expired ID document?

No, you must have a valid form of ID, in order to be issued your pass.

Where do I get permission for filming?

Please be advised, we do not grant filming permits at the ID centre, all requests will need to be submitted to our media team. Contact information is listed as follows: -

  • Breaking News - accredited members of the media looking to film at the airport for a relevant, current news story should complete our breaking news permit (if out of hours, please also call the Duty Press Officer on +44 (0)20 8745 7224).
  • For all non-news or commercial filming, please contact Please allow at least five working days for all non-news and commercial requests
  • An applicable fee will be charged for all commercial filming and photography - excluding accredited news media and any filming or photography being done on behalf of Heathrow's business partners. Public liability insurance is required for any filming or photography at Heathrow.
  • Whilst we consider each request received, there will be times when we will be unable to accommodate your request due to security or operational considerations.
  • If your request is authorized, you will receive a permit via email which must be shown to any member of Heathrow staff or the Police, who request to see it while you are at the airport. If you fail to present the relevant permit, you will be asked to leave the airport

Where can I find the templates needed for ID applications?

All ID Centre templates, including the security interview, can be found in the templates section on the ID centre website, alternatively in the help section on the ID Gateway portal.

Can the ID centre add my car park access?

The ID Centre does not process applications for staff car parking. For any queries relating to staff car parking please contact

Where can I find out about Vehicle passes?

All applications for Vehicle passes are now processed by the Airside assurance team. The pass applications will be processed by the Ground operations manager for your prefix: -

  • Prefix A-I the license manager is Saba Sehgal – Contact Number - 07864801288 Email Address –
  • Prefix J-Z the license manager is Jo Morley – Contact Number - 07747 072 714 Email Address –

How can I cancel a temporary pass?

All temporary passes can be cancelled by the authorised signatory UNLESS the pass is for the same day, when you will need to contact the ID Centre to cancel the pass to allow you to reapply for the same day

Can I the applicant contact the ID centre directly? if I have an issue with my pass application

Please note, under Data Protection guidelines the ID Centre cannot discuss the applications with the applicants themselves, we can only discuss the applications with Authorised Signatories. Please do not refer the applicants to contact the ID Centre themselves to query their application.

What is the new BSAT and where do I go to complete it?

  • Heathrow Baggage have updated the current Baggage Hall Induction classroom training, to a Baggage Safety Awareness Training (BSAT) e-learning programme. To ensure that everybody stays safe within baggage areas this training will need to be completed when applying for access to Zone 3 & B.
  • You will be able to request an e-learning link for the BSAT by emailing: You will need to provide your applicants details which will generate a link to the training that can then be sent to your applicant. Once the training is completed, a certificate will be generated, this will need to be uploaded to the application and submitted through IDGateway. The certificate will be valid for 5 years.
  • The requests for training went live from Monday 12th February 2018.
  • Changes to the IDGateway applications (listed below) as advised took place on Thursday 1st March 2018.
  • Full Airside ID: When requesting for access to zone 3 the system will prompt you to enter the date the BSAT was completed. The system will then prompt you to upload the certificate at the document section.
  • 5-year renewal of an Airside ID: When requesting for access to zone 3 the system will prompt you to enter the date the BSAT was completed. The system will then prompt you to upload the certificate at the document section.

What should I do if my ID is no longer working or I can no longer gain access to certain maid readers?

Please be advised if your ID will allow you access through Security, but not through a maid reader door, this may be due to a fault with the maid reader itself, please fault the maid reader using the internal faults number 666555 or ext 0208 976 6555

If the problem persists or you cannot gain access through security, please visit the ID centre and upon arrival please inform reception of the problem and we can look into this further

Where can I add Salto access?

For all Salto access requirements, please contact your relevant business units, who will be support with adding the required access.

We currently reinstate all existing Salto access to your ID, however, any new Salto access requirement will need to be added by your relevant business unit, or compass centre security .

What are the opening hours for the ID Centre?

  • Monday        08:00 – 16:00
  • Tuesday        08:00 – 16:00
  • Wednesday   08:30 – 16:00
  • Thursday       08:00 – 16:00
  • Friday           08:00 – 16:00

Where can I find out about the new temporary pass changes?

All changes have been communicated out to all authorised signatories on the ID pass scheme. Your organisation will be contacted directly with the date for your live switch over, from the old-style pass to the new. For further guidance and changes please refer to section 8 page 18 of the ID pass standard.

As a nominated officer can I make enquires about applications, status and pass issues?

Yes, the nominated officer is ultimately responsible for compliance and monitoring of the whole process. For further guidance on the nominated officer’s responsibilities please refer to page 3 of the ID pass standard.

Where can I find out about disqualifying offences when holding or applying to hold an airside pass?

You can find a list of the most common disqualify offences on the CAA website: Regulation/Disqualifying-convictions/.

I have changed my name/gender, what documents do I need to bring to my ID appointment?

Change of name:

  • For married people, we will need to see a marriage certificate, or a valid Passport issued under the married name.
  • For civil partners, we will need to see a civil partnership certificate, or a valid Passport issued under the married name.
  • If the person has gone back to their maiden or unmarried name, we will need to see a Deed poll certificate; or a Valid Passport issued under their maiden name.

Change of gender:

  • A letter from a doctor or chartered psychologist who practises in gender dysphoria stating that the person has a need to live in a different gender, and evidence of the person’s change of name (e.g. deed poll); or
  • A gender recognition certificate; or
  • A new birth certificate; or
  • A Valid Passport issued under the new name.
  • In all other cases, we need to see a change of name deed.

I no longer need my temporary ID pass, what should I do?

Please return temporary passes that are no longer required to your authorised signatory, who will be able to destroy them securely for you.

My company needs a ground operating licence, who do I contact?

Companies wishing to utilise vehicles and equipment, including Ground Support Equipment Airside will require Heathrow Ground Operations Licence. Further information on who needs to be licenced and how to apply for a licence can be obtained from the Heathrow Licence Managers: please refer to section 18 page 51 of the ID pass standard for contact information.