Amman Airport Guide
- Full name: Queen Alia International Airport
- Location: The airport is situated 20 miles (32km) south of Amman.
- Time: Local time is GMT +2 (GMT +3, from the last Friday in March to the last Friday in October)
Tel: +962 (0)6 445 1739.
- Transfer to the City:
There is a public bus service to and from Amman leaving every 30 minutes between 6.30am and 5pm, and every 60 minutes between 5pm and 12pm. Tickets costs fluctuate, but average around JOD 3,250 per person.
- Car rental:
Car rental is available and includes major companies such as Budget and Sixt.
Facilities include banks and bureaux de change, duty-free shopping, bars and restaurants, and a medical centre. There are also VIP and business lounges. A tourist help desk is also available. Facilities for the disabled are good.
Costs will vary depending on the parking lot, starting from JOD 1.75 for each hour or part thereof, rising to as much as JOD 26 for the first hour and JOD 39 per hour thereafter. The best daily rate is in the long-term parking lot, which charges a total of JOD 11 for every 24-hour period and JOD 1 for every additional hour.
- Departure tax: JOD 5 (typically pre-paid in the fare)
- Website: www.amman-airport.com