Jakarta International Airport Guide
- Full name: Soekarno-Hatta Jakarta International Airport
- Location: The airport is situated 12 miles (20km) northwest of Jakarta.
- Time: Local time is GMT +7.
+62 (0)21 550 5079
- Transfer to the City:
Shuttle buses run hourly to the city centre and various other destinations in and around Jakarta until about 11pm. The bus that terminates at Gambir Station passes through the city centre. Taxis are metered and will be more expensive as a single traveller, but about the same price if you are sharing with three or four people; note that road tolls may be added to the fare.
- Car rental:
Avis, Hertz and Europcar are represented at the airport, along with a number of local car rental companies.
Facilities are limited but the airport is clean and the staff are friendly and efficient. There are shops, banks, bars and restaurants, and tourist information and hotel reservations at the airport. There are facilities for disabled travellers; passengers with special needs are advised to inform their airline in advance.
There are more than 2,000 parking bays at the airport, all within easy access of the terminals. Short and long stays available.
- Departure tax: IDR 150,000 (international), IDR 40,000 (domestic)
- Website: www.jakartaairportonline.com