Commute by bike
Heathrow has partnered with Sustrans, the national walking and cycling charity, to support Heathrow's aim to make cycling to work the easy choice and support the ambition of becoming the world's first cycling airport.
Your chance to win a £20 M&S voucher
To help promote sustainable and active travel we are carrying out a survey to find out more about the travel behaviour and levels of physical activity of employees at Heathrow. It will take no more than five minutes to complete and participants can also enter a monthly prize draw to win a £20 M&S voucher.
- Colleague meet and greet: come along and talk about your cycling stories.
- Heathrow You Can Too: cycle training sessions for new cyclists to provide the skills and confidence to ride on local roads, and the opportunity to own a bike at a reduced cost..
- Become a workplace cycle champion: a training programme for colleagues who want to be cycling ambassadors in their workplace.
- Workplace cycle challenge: set your own personal cycling challenge, compete with others for your chance to win prizes.
- Led bike rides: come along to organised social bike rides in the local area, suited to all abilities.
- Nationwide cycling events and challenges: take part in 'Cycle to Work Day' and 'Bike Week'.
- Bike safety days: swap places with HGV drivers, to see what they can't, talk about your cycle commute and learn about how to make your journey safer.
- Bike purchase schemes: get advice on how to save money on a new bicycle and how to try one for free.
For further information contact Ali Jafaray on 07787 434 258 or email: email@example.com
The Heathrow Cycle Hub is a dedicated one-stop shop for airport workers cycling or thinking about cycling to work. The Cycle Hub is in the same building as the Heathrow Academy on Newall Road, and stocks a range of bicycles, equipment and accessories.
You can get your bike serviced or repaired at the centre with free labour, plus 10% off all parts required for the service. The centre can also provide information and training to help you get the most out of your bike.
You can download a guide to cycle hub offers and terms, published by the Heathrow Commuter team.
To take advantage of these benefits and to register for your pack, join the Heathrow Cycle Hub.
Heathrow also operates a Cycle to Work scheme for Heathrow Airport Limited employees. For more information contact the Heathrow Cycle Hub:
Contact the Cycle Hub
- 08:00 - 18:00 (Monday - Friday excluding Thursdays)
- 08:00 - 20:00 (Thursdays)
- 10:00 - 17:00 (Saturdays from April - September only)
- Closed on Sundays
Secure bicycle parking is available around the airport at the following locations.
Cycle parking is available in Compass Centre car park, adjacent to the West Entrance.
Terminals 2 and 3
Until refurbishment work on the main tunnel is completed in 2016, cyclists are not permitted to access Terminals 2 and 3 using the main tunnel.
Bicycles can be parked and secured to racks at the Heathrow Cycle Hub based at the Heathrow Academy on Newall Road and your journey can be completed using free bus services. Local buses operate between the Academy and the Central Terminal Area 24 hours a day.
Terminals 4 and 5
Terminal 4: Cycle parking is opposite the arrivals forecourt
Terminal 5: Cycle parks are provided at either end of the terminal building on the ground floor.
You can download a guide to cycle parking at Heathrow, published by the Heathrow Commuter team.
Enter text here
If you don’t want to ride all the way, you can sometimes take your bike on trains, buses and London Underground for part of the journey. You can find out more from the following service providers:
- Heathrow Express Conditions apply
- Heathrow Connect Conditions apply (tel: 0845 678 6975)
- London Underground Folding bikes permitted - other bikes permitted on some sections outside peak hours.
- Buses Folding bikes only are permitted.
- South West Trains Folding bikes permitted - other bikes permitted outside peak hours (tel: 0845 600 0650.
- National Express Folding bikes only are permitted.
- Oxford Airline Folding bikes only are permitted (tel: 01865 785 400).
- Reading RailAir Bikes must be suitably packaged (tel: 0118 957 9425).